Enrollment dip no reason to worry, Hux assures board
EXCELSIOR SPRINGS– The school district’s dip in enrollment since the school year began is no cause for alarm, Superintendent Travis Hux assured the Board of Education on Oct. 11 at the Support Services Center.
Hux said the district had 97 fewer students enrolled since classes started in August, including 29 fewer students between August and September.
The memo included data comparing enrollment figures for September with September 2020. Last month, there were 2,686 students enrolled in grades preK-12, compared to 2,715 for September 2020.
Such decreases are “pretty normal,” Hux said. He attributed the changes to the district’s method of routinely enrolling students from the previous school year when a new school year begins.
“But as you know, just as in any district, we have people who transfer to different school districts and so on,” Hux said. “So this is a result of cleanup.”
On the other hand, the district could so...