Connect with us!

FacebookTwitter

Downtown gas leak caused by lawn mower

July 25, 2018 – The Excelsior Springs Fire Department received reports of a gas leak at 216 W. Broadway this morning. Crews responded at approximately 9:39 a.m. and found a 3-inch gas line going to the building had been struck by a lawn mower.ESFD and the Excelsior Springs Police Department began blocking Broadway Avenue from Kansas City Avenue to Marietta Street. Crews also shut down Thompson Avenue from W. Excelsior Street to Spring Street.

ESFD evacuated the Excelsior Springs School District Administration building, Good Samaritan Center and Prichard, Bross, & Spidle Funeral Home.

Spire Gas arrived at the scene at approximately 9:52 a.m. and quickly controlled the gas leak.  Each evacuated building was checked for gas, prior to allowing occupants to return.  Spire crews began repairing the line and meter going into the AT&T building. Officials reported no injuries occurred.

By Standard Staff • StandardStaff@leaderpress.com

Get ALL the local news. Click here and subscribe to our online e-Editions!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *