Connect with us!

FacebookTwitter

Ferman “Buddy” Vanpelt Melling II

Ferman “Buddy” Vanpelt Melling II
Oct. 9, 1952 – Jan. 4, 2019

Ferman “Buddy” Vanpelt Melling II, 67, went to be with his Lord Jan. 4, 2019.

Buddy was born Oct. 9th, 1952 in Excelsior Springs, Missouri and graduated from Excelsior Springs High School in 1970. Buddy spent most of his career as a truck driver before he retired, he loved the outdoors, music, reading and making people laugh.

Predeceased by his father Ferman V. Melling; mother Sarah Bernice (Clevenger) Melling; and sisters Suzie Melling and Charlotte Hartman.

Lovingly remembered by his daughter Sarah and Christopher Culbreth; grandchildren Delilah and Sean Culbreth; brother Ronnie and Vicki Melling; sister Sharon and Johnnie Meyer and many nieces and nephews.

A Celebration of Life will be held Saturday Jan. 19th, 2019 at Excelsior Spring Community Center, 500 Tiger Dr., From 2:00pm-5:00pm. In lieu of flowers, a pot luck dish of your choice would be much appreciated for the Celebration.

“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me”.  Psalm 23:4

By Kimberely Blackburn • kimberely@leaderpress.com

Get ALL the local news. Click here and subscribe to our online e-Editions!

6 Responses to Ferman “Buddy” Vanpelt Melling II

1. Joe Calton Reply

January 10, 2019 at 1:47 pm

R.I.P. Buddy. Many fond memories.

2. Charles Junior Clevenger Reply

January 10, 2019 at 6:21 pm

One of the nicest guys you could meet. And the stories he would tell.

3. Rev,Kelly O'DELL Reply

January 14, 2019 at 6:08 pm

When I first met Buddy . He told me his name was Ringo he used to play drums for the Beatles.
    Always a kind word. Or a atta boy out of respect! I will never forget you wild man! Say hello to Quiggly for me.
    KLLY

4. Mike McNelly Reply

January 16, 2019 at 1:58 pm

Remembering some very good times with Buddy. Baseball,softball,parties at your old house off Isley, and concerts. RIP my friend.

Mike and Martha McNelly
    Mark and Ann McNelly

5. Debbie (Masters) Heaton Reply

January 16, 2019 at 6:48 pm

When you read a name that resonates from your past … it’s sad. And so young. That was many years ago and what a nice guy. Vickie and Ronnie I am so sorry. We need to stay in touch! Life is unpredictable.

6. Ernest and Pat Livingson Reply

January 20, 2019 at 5:45 pm

So sorry we could not be there with the family. Ernie talks of all the great times he had with cousins and family. Each of you are loved deeply and our prayers are with all. God is in control and we praise Him for the time shared here on Earth and look forward to the time we will enjoy in Heaven.