May 2020

In-page image(s)

ESFD responds to alarm at high school


Overheating exhaust fans set off alarms that brought the ESFD to the Excelsior Springs High School Monday evening. 

At approximately 8 p.m., fire trucks from Excelsior Springs and Kearney arrived on the scene of the high school and found smoke coming from the school’s Family and Consumer Science room. They discovered exhaust fans over the stoves were left on and were overheating. The heat melted some of the plastic covering around the fans that created the smoke.